Coodles, coodles, coodles.
“Wait – coodles? What the heck are ‘coodles’?”
So if zucchini + noodles = zoodles, then cucumber + noodles must equal coodles.
Oops, I just gave it away.
But you know why I just LOVE them so much?
- They’re the most refreshing, summery thing that just screams “FRESH AND HEALTHY” right in your face
- They’re super juicy and crunchy
- They’ve got such a delicate flavour that can compliment whatever you use them with
- They’re so quick and easy to whip up for lunch, dinner or a snack!
(Green food is the best food, don’t you think? :D)
MINTED CHILLI, GINGER, PEANUT AND LIME COODLES WITH FENNEL, TOASTED BUCKWHEAT AND AVOCADO
- 500g cucumber
- 1/4 tsp chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup loosely packed mint leaves, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup loosely packed fennel fronds, rinsed and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted peanuts*, chopped
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted* buckwheat
- 1 avocado, quartered
- extra mint, fennel, chilli flakes, roasted peanuts* and toasted buckwheat**, to serve
- Spiralise the cucumber into noodles.
- Whisk together the chilli flakes, ground ginger, lime juice, olive oil, finely chopped mint and finely chopped fennel until combined. Toss through coodles.
- Divide coodles between bowls and each top with an avocado quarter and extra mint, fennel, chilli flakes, roasted peanuts* and toasted buckwheat**.
*Use raw almonds instead of roasted peanuts for a raw version
**Use raw buckwheat or activated dehydrated buckwheat for a raw version