Infused waters are the bomb.
Like, I never have infused waters, but they’re still the bomb.
I remember the first time I tried to infuse water with herbs was during winter last year. You know; winter blues:
- aahhhhh the water’s too cold to drink
- aahhhhh it’s too cold to move or do anything
- aahhhhh it’s too cold to open the fridge
- aahhhhh food’s too boring because it’s not avocado season
…yeah. I officially hate winter. Well, not hate, because if there was no winter then there’d be no reason to make cosy hot drinks and soup and creamy bakes. But literally apart from that, there’s NOTHING to look forward to in winter in New Zealand: no Christmas, too cold, no birthdays, too cold, snows only on the mountains and not in the streets, no avocados, too cold, school cross country, too cold, grey EVERY day, plants look sad, too cold, REALLY REALLY REALLY cold winds straight off the mountains and across the lake to hit us right in the face, TOO COLD!!!
Sorry for the rant… now I’m SUPER side-tracked.
So anyway, I was saying that I infused some water last winter because freezing cold water in freezing cold climates is not that appetising. So I chucked in some freshly squeezed mandarin and some thyme. Wait – a LOT of thyme.
It tasted like soap.
I haven’t infused water ever since.
Apart from this one, which I made around Valentine’s Day this year (summer, full of avocados, sunshine, Christmas, birthdays, plants look happy, etc.): pineapple, lemon, blueberry and parsley. It did not taste like soap. It was SUPER refreshing (that’s what you want in infused water, right?), and it was full of flavour – and colour, which in my opinion makes it super appealing!
Sense the hysterical bright-colour-obsessed little kid emerging here? Yep, I do too.
And here it is again, super hysterical to bring you the recipe for this colourful drink!
PRETTY IN PINK PINEAPPLE, LEMON, BLUEBERRY AND PARSLEY DETOX WATER
- 400ml water
- 1/4 cup pineapple, chopped, + 2 tbsp extra pineapple chunks
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tbsp blueberries
- 2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
1. In a high-speed blender, blend water, 1/4 cup pineapple and lemon juice together until smooth.
2. Pour in a serving glass or jar and add the remaining pineapple chunks, blueberries and parsley.
3. Drink now, or set aside in the fridge to infuse!